This 5 day adventure takes you by bike from the World Heritage site of Hoi An to Nha Trang Beach. This unique journey is a fantastic way to see the Vietnamese coastline by bike and experience the countryside up close and personal. The itinerary can be done in reverse as well, for those starting in Nha Trang and wanting to end in Hoi An. Extensions to Hue are also possible on the reverse route.
(Hoi An – Tam Ky – Quang Ngai – Qui Nhon – Tuy Hoa – Nha Trang)
(Route can also be run in reverse)
Day 1 – Hoi An to Tam Ky (58 km ride)
- 7:30 am: Start riding from your hotel in Hoi An through the Old Quarter to Cam Thanh local boat ramp to catch a 15 minute boat ride across the Thu Bon river to Duy Nghia Village. From here, we continue our ride through the countryside via back roads through small villages and sand dunes.
- Lunch and relax at Tam Thanh beach.
- After lunch, continue biking 9km to Tam Ky City with an estimated arrival at 3:00 pm.
- Check in Le Dung hotel and relax.
- Dinner will be organized at a local restaurant.
Day 2 – Tam Ky to Quang Ngai - 106 km Total (41 km ride)
- Buffet breakfast at the hotel and an early departure at 7:30 am.
- An hour vehicle transfer (65km) from Tam Ky to Chau O Town. From here, we veer towards the coast to start our ride on country roads through Sa Ky fishing village to My Lai (the site made famous by the massacre of 504 locals during the Vietnam War).
- Picnic lunch taken along the way.
- We continue biking in the afternoon along quiet country roads.
- We arrive at hotel in Quang Ngai at approximately 3:30 pm.
Day 3 – Quang Ngai to Qui Nhon - 180 km Total (60 km ride)
- Vehicle pick up at the hotel then transfer to Phu My Town (2 hours) where we start our ride.
- This is one of the best riding days, with rolling coasting line through rice paddy fields, salt making flats, fishing villages and mountainous areas.
- Enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant on the way.
- After lunch, continue riding to Tuy Phuoc Town where we meet our vehicle. Transfer for 30 minutes to Qui Nhon City. Arrival between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Check into Royal Hotel in Qui Nhon.
- Free evening to have dinner and explore the City on your own.
Day 4 – Qui Nhon to Tuy Hoa - 125 km Total (90 km ride)
- 7:30 am: Transfer 30 minutes out of the City for the start of our ride.
- This day is particularly long with 90 km of biking through cassava and sugar cane plantations. Transport vehicle is available for those wishing to bike shorter distances.
- The road wanders over rolling hills through fantastic sections of forest. This is a superb biking day!
- Lunch will be taken on the way (picnic style on this day).
- We will stop our ride at Chi Thanh (Tuy An) Town where our vehicle will transfer us 30 minutes to Tuy Hoa City.
- Stay overnight at Saigon Phu Yen Hotel.
Day 5 – Tuy Hoa to Nha Trang - 120 km Total (40 km ride)
- 7:30 am: Start riding from the hotel.
- Today is a shorter biking day to Vinh Ro Bay then up to the top of Ca Pass. Be ready for a rolling brutal up hill in the last 15 km, but don’t forget to enjoy the jungle and the bay views on the both sides of the road. We will take a break at Vung Ro Bay for picture taking and a recharge of your energy levels before a final 3 km push to the top of Ca Pass (10% grade).
- Stop our ride at the top of the pass, vehicle pick up then transfer to Nha Trang.
- Lunch at a local restaurant on the way.
- Arrival in Nha Trang between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm. Drop off at your hotel. End trip.
||Hoi An - 62 Ba Trieu Street or pick up at your hotel
||Your hotel in Nha Trang
||Typically 3:30pm or 4:00pm depending on the riders
||Back Road Cycling, Beaches, Sightseeing
||5 - Easy but long if the whole distance is biked
||High-end Mountain Bike, A/C vehicle
Fruit snacks, purified drinking water, picnic lunch, hot meals in local restaurants with mostly Vietnamese food (rice, vegetables, meat). Simple but good. Please note one day in advance if you have special dietary requirements.
|What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, repellent, camera, rain jacket, good shoes for walking and biking.
|What is included:
Trip includes English speaking guide, vehicle transfers, all activities listed above, hotel accommodation 4 nights, all meals and purified drinking water throughout the trip, except for 1 free night in Qui Nhon.
|What is not included:
Personal major medical including evacuation insurance coverage is recommended.